Pages

Monday 15 February 2016

How I became a Mommy Blogger

I got married at the perfect age of 25 (at least my parents think so) to the love of my life. It was a perfect Indian wedding with lots of dance and excitement and of course lots of shopping. To tell you about myself, I was (oops I am) a career driven woman and was an IT professional working for over 6 years with various multinational companies.  I had an interest in writing since school days. Since the time my English teacher In Class 7th introduced us to the concept of diary entry, it was a daily affair to me then. I used to write every night before going to sleep.

Confessions


However, post marriage, I conceived real early and we had our bundle of joy in our arms exactly after 9 months of our marriage (wink!!). I was quite clear that working 24 by 7, I will not be able to take care of my baby. We were living in a nuclear family, so there was no one back home to take care of this little baby. And then both I and my husband were against the idea of leaving the baby at some daycare. We were really not convinced with the kind of setups and caretakers at day care centers around our place. Ultimately, I left my job to raise my son. 

Being a Mum is such a hectic job, Trust me it is!! During first 6 months, I didn’t realize how time went by. By the time I realized, I had already become a regular mom who hardly took care of herself or who had little or no interest in herself. The center of her world was her 6 month old baby. That’s it!! But as time passed by, I started to feel bad about myself and started to crave to work outside or at home. I started to crave for my identity. And yes, side by side, without even realizing, I was penning down all my thoughts and one day I came across a website mycity4kids.com which is actually an open platform especially for mommy bloggers like me. I started to contribute my articles there. Appreciation from other mommy bloggers inspired me more and I started to write more.

And hence another blogger was born. Though I admit I still need to learn a lot but whatever I write, I write with my heart and get a lot of contentment when I read my own articles as they truly reflect on my heart and soul.

I would love to hear to your stories too. Do comment :)


No comments:

Post a Comment